CUSTOMER SAFETY IN OUR BARS
Some of our bars and taprooms will be re-opening in July. Things will look a little different when we welcome you back. However, they will still be North: Our bars are friendly, safe, independent and inclusive spaces where we pride ourselves on looking after our customers and staff.
We will still be offering beers to go via our pop up bottle shops.
Preston, North Bar Harrogate and North Bar Social will be offering outdoor seating only. Leeds City Tap will offer inside and outdoor seating. Alfred and Further North will continue to operate as take away only bottle shops. North Bar Leeds and the Brewery Tap remain closed until further notice.
Please familiarise yourself with the information below prior to your visit.
At North we hold the safety of our employees and our guests in the highest regard. Due to the current distancing measures we have amended our table layout of the bars and the capacity. These measures had been introduced to provide a safe working environment for out staff and to keep our guests safe.
- Any members of staff that are returning to work from being furloughed must complete a return to work form to confirm their wellness, as well as commit to following both employer and government guidelines.
- Deliveries will be made prior to opening.
- Bookings have been introduced at our City Centre Tap Room to avoid long queues and congestion.
- Hand sanitiser is provided at entry/exit points and near toilet facilities.
- Floor markings and signage are used to help staff and guests maintain a distance of one metre plus apart.
- All touch points and toilets will be cleaned every 30 minutes.
- Staff will be wearing face coverings and washing their hand for 20 seconds each time on a regular basis.
- An ordering app has been introduced to minimise contact.
- There is a gap between reservations to ensure that all tables/chairs are thoroughly
- A temporary maximum table size of 6.
- We have appointed a cleanliness supervisor on each shift
- All children must remain supervised at all times to comply with distancing measures.
- Customer contact information will be taken and held for at least 21 days to comply with government guidelines for test and trace purpose only. This information will not be used for marketing purposes. This information will be held off site by Wireless Social through a GDPR compliant system.
- The test and trace information is being collected via our WiFi provider – Wireless Social. If you have tested positive for Covid 19 you must call 119. Wireless Social will then liaise with NHS Test and Trace to contact any customers in the venue at the same time as the positive case.
- We are not accepting cash payments at any our bars for the foreseeable future. Payments will be made through our handheld payment system.
These new measures have been put in place to create a safe, welcoming environment. We have missed seeing people in our bars throughout lockdown and can’t wait to welcome you back in a responsible way. We are experienced hospitality professionals and looking after people is what we have quite literally trained to do. If you have any questions before visiting please get in touch with us.